Just to be more familiar on the different aspects on a filet crochet, here are some patterns and ways on how to make a perfect filet crochet by using different stitches to make different blocks on the open mesh.
1. You must consider the open and solid mesh patterns. The spacing should be very important to create a double stitch thread from a cross-stitch design. The squares on the solid mesh should have equal stitches to leave the open mesh a free space for the background.
2. To make an open mesh, you must create two chains of double stitches, after filling out the pattern. You may skip the next two chained stitches leaving a free space for the open double crochet. Finally, you can make a double stitch in the next double crochet chains.
3. To make a filet crochet on the solid mesh, you should double the crochet in the following double-chained spaces ant then double cross stitch on the last double crochet.
4. To begin an open mesh, you must make five double crochet chains and leave two double stitches on the sixth chain then double crochet on the next double-chained stitch.
5. You must consider the solid mesh block that is patterned. He can double crochet on the next double-chained stitches or make a double crochet on the next chain space. This will result to the same designed on a filet crochet pattern.
You must remember that some stitches will pattern the design to block the solid mesh to create a filet crochet. This will be an easier approach as it will result in beautiful designs. The filet crochets are always complimented with good patterns on the solid and open meshes, which can be combined to produce stunning filet crochets.