As a crochet beginner, you should learn the process of creating a pattern row and a single stitch crocheting. In 8 simple steps, you will learn how to craft a crochet product.
1. You might need to use crochet supplies like a size G crochet hook, small scissors, worsted-weight yarn with any colors, and a big-eyed yarn needle.
2. You will begin by holding the crochet hook in your master hand, if you are right handed; hold it in your right hand. You then build a slipped knot on the hook.
3. You may also slide the hooked yarn to the slipknot of the hook. This procedure will craft a continuous stitch or a chained like stitches. After that, you proceed to bring back the yarn on top of the hook to make the thread go into the hook and grab the slipknot into the hook.
4. You can pass on the first chain stitch, which allow the knot to be correctly hooked on the knot of the thread. This allows the proper placement of the thread and no more loosening. To create a chain stitch you will need a tighter knot.
5. He may insert the hook to the hole of on the next chain stitch, and then slide the yarn passing through the center of the second chain stitch going to the upper part of the hook. He may have now created two loops on the hook of the threads.
6. You may also get the yarn back on the hook from back to front and slide the knot in the center of the loops that you had created on the hook.
7. Starting from the 2nd loop, create another one chain stitch to make a counter clock- wise loop. This will allow the hook to remain in the chain stitches. Start again in creating the following rows, creating the same loops on the subsequent rows.
8. You may then create a single crochet stitch in the first loop tightened going to the following loops of the previous rows. You must be very sure to create the hook on the last stitch to retain the stitches on their places.
In order to finish the work, you need to cut the excess yarn on the skin. Do not forget to retain at least 6 inches of the thread on the last chain stitch. This will allow you to slide the hook up to the upper part of the loops and bring the thread into the last loops of the hook.
As a beginner, you may find great difficulty to do. This is so especially on more detailed crochet products. Start doing these simple basic steps to get use to the techniques.